Alrighty.. I decided to start this up again so I could vent on shit that is going on in my life and let people know how i'm doing in poker and other things.... Sorry if my grammar sucks but I was never good at english and dont plan on getting any better as I get older:) Anyways im layin around at the Venetian right now in Vegas and this whole trip was really awesome.. My good friends from Milwaukee came out for a couple days and we were able to paint the town pretty well one night... I ended up missing the first tourney that I was supposed to play because I got back to the hotel as the tourney was starting:(.. overall it was awesome and I was really looking forward to playing awesome poker..The first tourney I played was a 500 Venetian event... I was going to go play the 1k at the Bellagio but that was at 2pm and it was 12:30 and I was feening to play that minute.. .anyways IcuRaRook was at my opening table and a couple of other donkeys.. I really couldnt get anything going.. floated around average for a while and then busted when my KKvs A5 on 2-3-4 flop.. Overall though I thought I played sicko.. including folding QQ pre to a single re raisee from some old nit.. I also raised to 600 with AK.. it folded to a young internet player in the bb who made it 3k with 8k behind.. Icurarook said that he repopped him with 3-6 and im pretty sure he knew that I had decent success online .. I thoguht about it for a bit and shoved and he insta folded.. so that felt good.. Overalll though the Venetian is amazing.. this hotel is the epitome of first class.. my hotel room is amazing.. I truly feel at home.. except this place is WAY nicer.. marble floors.. 2 flat screens.. a dinner table.. a desk.. a L couch... just awesome... the room service is absolutely amazing.. that being said this trip has cost me ALOT of money.... I played the 2500 today( my biggest buy in tourney to date) and I get JJ Liu to my direct right in seat 1 and pbdrunks in seat 2 on my direct left... There was a few sick cooler hands that I probably coulda folded but I was pretty sick after a few of them so I wasnt in the right mindset.. the first one happened in the first level.. blinds 25-50.. we all have around 15000.. it folds to me in MP and I make it 150 with QdJd.. pbdrunks flat calls and everyone else folds... flop A-K-10 rainbow.. i bet 250.. pbdrunks calls.. turn K putting 2 spades up there.. I check.. he checks.. ( I was planning on check raising).. river 9s putting 3 spades up there.. at this point the pot is about 1k... and I bet 1100 into it.. pbdrunks thinks for a while and makes it 3500.. obviously my QJ is no good anymore but I cant find a fold.. he ended up having AA and I was thankful to be alive.. a few hands later JJ Liu limps utg.. i limp with QJss... pb limps.. and button makes it 250.. jj call.. i calls.. pb calls.. .. flop Q-Q-5 with two diamonds.. jj checks( maybve she folded pre) i check pb checks and raiser bets 200.. i make it 700 and pb tanks..raiser thinks for a bit and folds.. at this point I put pb on a hand like KQ QJ or Q10.. possibly 55 but I really doubt it.. and def not a flush draw cuz he wouldnt call 2 bets cold with just a f-draw.. anyways turn is 9d.. i check and he bets 1100.. i just call hoping to boat up on the river.. river Ah.. i check.. he checks and shows KQ... not much I can do there .. I guess I can dump it on the turn but thats such a sick spot.. I dunno maybe im just a calling station.. later on I lose a big pot with AA to KK on a K-9-3-8-q board wher I certainly should have gone broke.. Overall I thought I played decent but was only around for 2 hours.. I was really impressed with Pbs game and it was cool meeting him, Jeff Boski, ,and xtracey.. now im waiting for tommorrow to come so I can fly back to Milwaukee and take it easy for a few weeks.. Im not sure where ill go next.. maybe Atlantic City but I really doubt it.. I might just wait middle of March for Indiana Circuit( I think its in march) otherwise ill prolyl come back out to Vegas in April for the Caesars circuit( I think its in april ) and then that'll be it for traveling for me until after I spend June in Vegas..Overall things have been pretty shitty in my personal life.. ive been going through alot of bullshit that I shouldnt have to deal with including where I want to live next year... Im not sure if I want to move up to Appleton for a year and just take it easy and have my mom be able to take care of the furry ones whiile im traveling.. or move to Vegas and make a serious run at playing the circuit... What scares me the most is moving somewhere where I really don't know anyone.. and moving to a place like Vegas is very scary because of all the Vices that the city has to offer.
Im mentoring two players from FCP.. JJgoldy05 and Vtlaxer09.. Vtlax has been absolutely crushing lately and he has definately plugged a few spewy plays since ive been with him.. that being said he is a verrry good player and will absolutey tear things up soon if he wasnt such a nit with his BR... JJgoldy is a very solid player who understands poker very well.. Im actually very surprised that he hasnt had sicko results lately because he plays just as well if not better then me....It should be interesting what I can learn from mentoring these players and how much I can help improve their games.... On the poker front I won a couple small tourneys last week including going back to back in a 16 buy in on Stars which had like 600 people both nights.. to win a tourney with that many back to back is pretty sick and I def was playing goot. Lately it seems every final table I make I have been closing it out and I think thats somewhere I lacked in the past...I almost won the Sunday Million again last week but flamed out in 16th when I tried a sicko bluff wtih 5 high that got picked off by middle pair... Once I get back to MIL ill probably relax for a day and hopefully just clear my head.. Im still kinda tilted from how bad I ran in the 2500 today and would raelly like to clear my head before I start pumping out volumements.
I'm also starting mountain bike racing once the snow is gone and I can start training.. id also like to lose about 15 more lbs as im at 208-210 right now and I think at 195 id look pretty ripped;).. I was 235 last September so Ive def done something right.. Ive been eating alot better( except when im on the road) and ive been working out daily.. its finally paying off....I think its so hard to find a balance between poker and real life but I hope ive found it.. Ive been trying to separate poker from important things in my life and for the first time in a few years I can say im succeeding at it.. Sorry that this was a complete rambling but I really needed to clear my head..
I'll try updating this on the regular so I can look back after I win a bracelet and appreciate things.
Best of luck at the tables.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment